OME spring part numbers

tmorgan4

piste, if you're looking for a full, replacement bumper, check this:

My link

it's the link morpheus provided for the KMA bumpers that is being talked about in OfftourRoadie's thread.

really makes me want to get a simple one for the front and a simple one for the rear with the tow hitch so i don't have to buy a separate tow hitch. my driving is very similar to yours with no plans of lifting the truck. i would think the 923s would be more than enough for our trucks with one of these bumpers and no winch, as far as what that e-mail said from ARB.

Thanks...unfortunately I have the "Black Sheep" edition Pathfinder...97 SE...so no such thing as aftermarket parts. Nothing in that link for my Pathy.

Thanks...unfortunately I have the "Black Sheep" edition Pathfinder...97 SE...so no such thing as aftermarket parts. Nothing in that link for my Pathy.

Here's the link for the pre-facelift R50:

'96-'99 R50

Thanks for clearing up the coil question. I had no idea OME made different "sizes" of coils; I thought they were all ~1.75" lift coils. Definitely opens up more in terms of versatility, though.

No, I haven't tried the HD coils, I'm just basing that off of what I've read from other users posting their experiences. I did a lot of research before I purchased my lift last spring, give the forum a good search.

All I can tell you is that without skid plates (which I have but don't have installed) or a heavy bumper, my MD coils ride very nicely. They are fairly stiff and provide a much more "truck like" ride than the stock coils I previously had, which were not terribly worn out. Most of what I read regarding the HD coils was that they rode very nicely after they had been broken in (driven on for several months), but when they were new they did not flex very much.

As far as heights go, I am quite certain that there is only one size of lift. I don't remember what the product number for the LD coils are, but the MD coils are OME923, the HD coils are OME928, and the rear coils are OME922. Different sellers list the coils as providing different lift amounts, anywhere from .5" to 1.75", but the product codes are the same meaning that the actual product is the same. I would say that the .5" is probably more accurate. I didn't measure my lift, but my truck appears to only sit maybe a couple inches above stock trucks I've parked beside, and I'm running larger tires and they likely have older worn out suspension. One day I'll go out and actually measure :)

But to the point, I nearly bought the HD coils. From reading other peoples comments, it seemed to me that they rode harsh for a little while but were not problematic. I just figured when I bought my lift I was still going to be a student for another year and wasn't going to be putting anything big and heavy on the front so there wasn't much point. In other words, my bushings were dead and needed replacing, I wanted to do all my suspension at once, and at that time road manners mattered more than a tad bit of extra lift :) I plan on putting spacers in the front at some point in the future to level out the truck though.

Last comment, the added load capacity of the rear OME922s is great :) I had a little over 600kg of broken concrete in the back of my truck shortly after instaling the new springs. The back fenders were still sitting a good 1.5" above the tire and it rode like a champ. I was very happy but a bit concerned about getting clocked in the head by a bit of concrete if I had to brake hard.

No, I haven't tried the HD coils, I'm just basing that off of what I've read from other users posting their experiences. I did a lot of research before I purchased my lift last spring, give the forum a good search.

All I can tell you is that without skid plates (which I have but don't have installed) or a heavy bumper, my MD coils ride very nicely. They are fairly stiff and provide a much more "truck like" ride than the stock coils I previously had, which were not terribly worn out. Most of what I read regarding the HD coils was that they rode very nicely after they had been broken in (driven on for several months), but when they were new they did not flex very much.

As far as heights go, I am quite certain that there is only one size of lift. I don't remember what the product number for the LD coils are, but the MD coils are OME923, the HD coils are OME928, and the rear coils are OME922. Different sellers list the coils as providing different lift amounts, anywhere from .5" to 1.75", but the product codes are the same meaning that the actual product is the same. I would say that the .5" is probably more accurate. I didn't measure my lift, but my truck appears to only sit maybe a couple inches above stock trucks I've parked beside, and I'm running larger tires and they likely have older worn out suspension. One day I'll go out and actually measure :)

But to the point, I nearly bought the HD coils. From reading other peoples comments, it seemed to me that they rode harsh for a little while but were not problematic. I just figured when I bought my lift I was still going to be a student for another year and wasn't going to be putting anything big and heavy on the front so there wasn't much point. In other words, my bushings were dead and needed replacing, I wanted to do all my suspension at once, and at that time road manners mattered more than a tad bit of extra lift :) I plan on putting spacers in the front at some point in the future to level out the truck though.

Last comment, the added load capacity of the rear OME922s is great :) I had a little over 600kg of broken concrete in the back of my truck shortly after instaling the new springs. The back fenders were still sitting a good 1.5" above the tire and it rode like a champ. I was very happy but a bit concerned about getting clocked in the head by a bit of concrete if I had to brake hard.

Once again thanks for taking all the time to share your experiences. I believe I stand corrected on the issue of various sizes of OME coils in terms of lift. Interestingly Rugged Rocks just updated there OME page for the PAthy in the last week or so...now showing pretty much just 0.5 inch lift. Apologies to anyone if I passed on bad info based on the all the various and often conflicting info on the websites. For example many have stated lift of 0.5" (which by the way I do not in ANY way consider HALF an INCH to be called a "lift"...I mean really?)...but even AC

s listing for the HD says they are 0.5 inch but it might be more than that if you don't have aftermarket heavy gear up front. I'm actually not seeking ANY lift at all...but don't mind an inch or half inch or so. But I definitely don't want to risk having a front higher than the rear with a setup of HD up front and MD out back. I'm looking forward to that added load capacity in the back....the stock has been pathetic since day one. BTW..what did you use for bump stops? One of my originals is broken off and sitting in the bottom of the spring well in back. I think I have to drill out the bolt for it up top if I stick with OEM. Anyone try the AC ones which I understand sit in the bottom by design? Or other recommendations?

I wouldn't be worried about being nose up with the HD coils up front and MD in the rear. The pathfinder already comes with the "towtruck" look stock, where the front is lower, and the OME lift of MD/MD only increased that. I seem to recall reading other users who had HD coils up front and MD in the rear installing spacers in the front as well to level the truck (sorry can't remember who).

I really do wish I'd measured how much lift I got when I installed the coils. It seems like I got more than 0.5", closer to the 1.75" claimed previously, but it's impossible to tell without measurements and taking into account how much the stock suspension had sagged.

I didn't do anything with the bump stops and don't think they would need upgrading in particular. If you've just lost one it might be cheapest to replace it with an OEM one, maybe pull one from a pick'n'pull.