Missing Buttons

esembe

Hey, well I just picked up this '99 SE and so far I love it. But when I bought it I was told it was 'fully loaded' ...and so these 'missing buttons' are starting to bug me. There are 2 between the rear wiper switch and the seat heaters, and then there are 3 more down in front of the shifter ...any ideas on what these are for?

Also, what's the thing in front of the bottom few blank buttons for?

Here's a picture for clarification! :D

Buttons.jpg

Thanks!

Um, he has heated seats. You'd realize that if you looked at the picture or read his post.

They are switch blanks. There's not supposed to be anything there. Nissan included them for you in case you want to add extra accessories.

Um, he has heated seats.  You'd realize that if you looked at the picture or read his post.

They are switch blanks.  There's not supposed to be anything there.  Nissan included them for you in case you want to add extra accessories.

If you knew anything about JDM, you'd realize that the "switch blanks" are meant for JDM options like bumper pole and folding mirrors.

reg96IN2.jpg

The answer is, NO, Nissan did not make those as "switch blanks" for you to make your own buttons.

Edited by FUELER

:rolleyes:

Since those options are not available on the N/A Models, they were included with blanks for adding features. JDM has nothing to do with it, since it's not built for the Japanese market. It would have been easy enough for Nissan to just make a flat dash peice with no switch blanks for the N/A market instead of making all those little plastic switch blanks. Cheaper, too!

But, they went for convenience for the buyer. Those switch blanks are good for adding factory options, or aftermarket accessories.

That's straight from the mouth of Nissan Truck. Go ahead, try to argue with them. :rolleyes:

A bumper pole is a small rod that extends from the corners of the bumpers so you can tell where the end of your vehicle is.

The switch is because the mirrors have motors to fold them in. The parking situation in Japan is such that everything is in very tight quarters, so any feature to make a vehicle take up less space is a good one.

A bumper pole is a small rod that extends from the corners of the bumpers so you can tell where the end of your vehicle is.

Yes. Someone once told me that they are so popular in Japan because oriental people are so short and can't see the far corner of their front end over the hood. I thought that was a funny (but true) comment.

If I had bumper poles, I would hook a stronger motor up to the poles, and connect baseball bats so that I could push the button and the Pathy could knock some1 out 4 me or take out a headlight when someone parks wrong or something...

If I had bumper poles, I would hook a stronger motor up to the poles, and connect baseball bats so that I could push the button and the Pathy could knock some1 out 4 me or take out a headlight when someone parks wrong or something...

ROFL, I never would have thought of that. :clap::lol:

i used to have a 95 isuzu trooper with remote mirrors. pretty big truck, and i always though it was a silly feature for such a vehicle. i only used the feature for a good laugh during college road trips - go-go gadget mirrors! :P

Edited by tecciball