torsion bars

mishikwest

94' xe with 135,000k. Just replaced the stock rubber and wheels with 31x11.5's. Micky T Baja Claws. 11.5 is a little too wide, but the price was rite. ANYHOW, front seems now to be sitting a little low. Slight rubbing when turning at higher speeds. No problem crawling though. (chopped all sorts of plastic already too) I was thinking of looking into the t-bars. Either adjusting my OEM's or replacing with the Calmini's or sway-aways. How does one figure some sort of baseline setting for the stock torsion bars? When are they worn out? What type of ride can I expect from aftermarkets, and can I get a little lift (1" or less) from them?

oh, I've already read most of the other posts on t-bars but still have these questions.

thx

With only 135K on them your stock T-Bars should be fine. (mine have over 300K on them and still hold the truck up just fine)

You should be able to get an inch out of the stock ones with no trouble... unless for some reason they have been beat fairly hard by prior owners.

Adjust them as usual until you have the height where you want it, then give it a week or so and see if they sag. If they do you can re-index them and if after that they still sag to much... then it might be time to look at new bars.

No matter if the bars are stock or after market they can be set throughout the whole range of your suspension... from nothing to max.

Aftermarket bars with a higher spring rate will give a stiffer ride than the stock ones.

Edited by RedPath88