steering

cohen

After off-roading today, I noticed when I almost get the steering wheel all the way turned to one side or the other it kinda like catches. I looked under the car on the driver side to see if like some weeds or something was keeping it from going smoothly. but I couldnt really tell with the little light on my keychain...any ideas?

"Catches"? What exactly does that me?

Is it like the tire is rubbing on something? Based on the picture in your profile it looks like the tread lugs on your tires might be big enough that they will grab when the tire rubs.

Mine does that, they rub the bottom of my idler arm (and the IA Brace I installed) each lug will "catch as it rotates.

Honestly it is not that big of a deal, just don't turn all the way to lock (until the steering wheel will turn no more) and you will be fine. Or alternately, you can adjust the steering stops to prevent it from rubbing.

I have a bigger problem now..I believe my clutch is going. it smells everytime i drive it for the past 2 days. Anyone know of a website with replacements for a good price?