Idle problem

Guest Tony95XE

Guest Tony95XE

I changed my fuel filter last weekend and now when i start my path it turns over alot before starting and after it starts its idleing at 500 to 600 rpms when it used to idle around 1000. So when i pull out i have to push on the gas harder or ill stall. I put the fuel filter in the proper way, it didnt have arrows but had in and out written on it and i installed right, i made sure both clamps were tight on the hoses and i have no clue what i did to it lol. Any ideas??

Guest Tony95XE

Yea in from the tank out to the engine, so i guess I should put another one on and see what happens. i did take the negitive terminal off the battery, think it might have something to do with the ecu reseting?

Guest Tony95XE

Well I put a different feul filter on and have the same problem low idle and turns over alot before starting. I didnt have any problems at all before changing it the first time.

Guest Tony95XE

yeah sounds right because when i put the first filter on the gas still shot out even after i pulled the fuse and let it die. this second time it just dripped out. But could it have been something i did when changing the filter. Ive never changed one before and think its wierd that something else died at the same time i changed the filter cause i had no problems before. Sorry if im asking simple questions but this is all a learning experiance for me -study-