duel fuel gauge

872door

I know I saw a thread where someone was talking about their pathy having duel fuel gauges but cant find it using the search. I have them but they dont seem to work properly. The 1/4 to empty gauge seems to only work at about half scale. could this be caused by the voltage transformer/regulator that has caused problems with other instrument gauges?

Edited by 872door

One shows how much fuel you have overall, and when it reaches the 1/4 mark the second one kicks in and shows from 1/4 to 0/4, just a really accurate measure in case you ever are low on fuel and out it BFE.

Sorry for the horrible pic but as you can see the 1/4 to empty gauge is about right in the middle and the regular gauge is on empty and this is with the ignition in the off position. There is really 3/4 of a tank of fuel. which the regular gauge works fine but the other gauge just bothers me that it doesnt work. P... I have other things that need to be done to this rig first but this one stares me in the face

post-5-1160087939.jpg

i wish i had that the other day...but luckly i calculate my milage everytime and know my gauge is wrong so i had it roughly done in my head that i would end up 1/2 a mile short of where i usually fill up and there is 2 miles between that and another station so i stopped at the 1st 1 and after filling up i had 9 miles left (which would explain my rounding errors) but i would rather be long than short when it comes to gas in the tank...