step rails

JB3829

Any recommendations on replacement step rails for my 97?

Thanks!

What will the step rails be used for, and how much do you want to spend?

If you want step rails that can support the truck's weight and also be used for severe off-road use, consider some rock sliders. They're about the same price as factory step rails.

06slider_wide.jpg

More pics here.

They can be purchased at this web site.

/\ what he said...

if you just want them to be pretty (and not good for offroad) you can get some stock ones on ebay, or sometimes people here will sell em when they take them off...

dean - do you have the standard or ultimate sliders? they dont look terribly wide, so i assume you have the narrow.

i also assume that is the grey rubber grip tape and air storage options shown in your pics. is that right? what is the air storage for? sorry if that is a lame question. i am not much of an offroader or auto mechanic...

I have the ultimate sliders, standard width. I have the grip tape and air storage options also. The air storage complements my on-board air compressor, and allows me to store about 2.5 gallons of air in case I need to operate air tools or any other application that requires intermittent low volume use of high-pressure air. I don't really use the air storage feature much since the CFM rating of my ARB compressor is quite low. It takes a long time to pressurize the sliders.