Anyone done the Daniel Stern headlight swap?

Oliver

I emailed DS and he was quick to get back to me on the issue. I've believed that TUV lights are superior for some time and I want to install them on the Pathy.

I figure its going to cost me about $250 for the complete deal which includes the grill, marker lights and headlight buckets off a hardbody as well as E Code lights, quality H4 bulbs and a relay kit from DS.

If anyone has completed the swap, was it worthwhile?

Edited by Oliver

I got the IPF headlights from Quadratec. I had to convert to the D21 front end, but that was a bonus.

The hood and headlight bracket camr from Partstrain.com.

Hood: $95, Brakets: $18 each

The headlights and bulbs came from Quadratech.com.

IPF Rectangular headlights: $80 (pair)

IPF "Fatboy-super-low-beam bulbs: $75 (pair)

The difference is astonishing!

The headlights are engineered very well, and throws the lights better than regular Rectangular housings.

The bulbs are not rice-rocket blue...but the light is a little whiter than normal halogens. The high beam is really bright, but the low-beam is just amazing. The best thing about the bulbs is that they're not high-wattage...won't attract the cops, piss other drivers off, and won't fry a stock wiring harness. The bulbs are 60w I think.

SouthPoint27Sep06049640x480.jpg

I would do it again

Z_Pilot

Edited by Z_Pilot

Have you tried upgrading the wiring and relaying the stock headlights yet? In stock configuration there are no relays, the headlight voltage comes through the fuse panel, then to the steering column, the turn signal/headlight switch and then back out to the headlights through uber-small wiring. Not a good formula for brightness.

I'd do that first to see if it makes enough of a difference. You're considering spending a lot of $$$$ on new headlights, it's very possible that the relays and upgraded wiring for a few measly bucks could fix your problem without the extra expenditure.

I do want to upgrade the wiring and use heavier guage wires and relays. That will be the first step.

I think that the improved output will be better served with superior optics eventually, though.

Z, from what I understood, the only hardbody parts required are the grill, parking lights and headlight buckets. Is the hood really required for this change?