mechanical n eletrical speedo

Cuong Nguyen

I tried and tried to get the speedo outa my 97 trans, but no go. so I just simply unbolted the 12 or so bolts on the rear Tcase casing, and swap my 89 casing onto it. very quick and easy. also a good time to change the rear ouput seel on the case when you dont have that splined shaft running threw it.

onbolt the 12 bolts, get a rubber malted and "tap" the case, side to side, up or down untill you can get a screwdriver into the seem. then pry a bit and get a prybar into it and it will pop right off. I WILL fell like thers somthing internaly holding it on, but I just pryed a bit harder and it poped right off.

sounds like we have opposite problems...im trying to get my mechaical speedo to work with the electronic gages...but im in the middle of hacking my old and new gages to make them work...but now i realised i need to do some drilling in the steering column support to get the cable to line up so its going to be interesting but i hope i can get it to work...the main reason im doing it is the electrical gage got trashed when i was pulling it apart to inspect them...

its not hard to take the gages apart and figure out the wiring differences it might be easier to swap in the eletrical gage to u're cluster