Check engine light

suncountry7

Hi:

I'm from Puerto Rico, and excuse my english. I have a problem with my Pathfinder 1995 model(2WD). The problem is that in low revolutions (500 to 800rpm) the pathfinder turns off or begins to stall when the engine is hot when the engine is cold it doesn't do any problem. The check engine light is on and I performed the On board diagnostic and it says the EGR is malfunctioning. Should I change the EGR right away or Do you think the problem is something else? I take the EGR out and clean it with carburator cleaner and the pathfinder works for a day or so and then it began to do the same. The EGR is not leaking any vacuum, I tested with a vacuum tester and it doesn't leak. I changed the hoses that goes to the EGR with new ones. What could be causing that problem, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance! :help:

Hi:

I allready did that procedure about one month ago. I forgot to mention that in highway when it is suposed to put the last transmition shift it increases the RPM's to 3500 and never shift. I have to slow the accelerator and then the transmition shift. This is not all the time. Could it be the Throtle body or you think is something else?

Thanks again. I really appreciate all the help.

The throttle position sensor may be responsible for some of that. It can be adjusted, but it takes a voltmeter to accurately position it. I don't know what else to try, aside from guessing at what it might be. It's very difficult to diagnose driveability problems over the internet.

Thanks a lot for the help.

I looked at your site and fond the MAF sensor cleaning procedure, I performed this procedure and at this time I'm not having the problem. The RPM stays stable and the transmition shifts perfectly. So far so good :)

Thanks a lot for your help and for taking your time with your reply. Once again Thanks!

I'll keep the community informed if this was the problem. Hope it was.

Great site. I'll keep reading and learning. :D