Tranny

sswimmer2007

ok so i had the tranny i was having troubles with looked at by a buddy who owns a tranny shop and he told me that the one i have is shot. it has no 2nd or 4th or overdrive. so i asked him what a new one would cost and he said around 1600 dollars so i thought about a used one and they dont have any in kansas (at all) so i was curious if anyone on here had any access to one. My buddy told me he would put a used one in for $250 but i need a used one first. so if anyone has an opinion or comment... dont hold back!!!

alright well i got onto car-part.com and entered all of my information about my tranny and it gave me a whole lot of trannys all over the us that fan be shipped. some range from new ones around 2200 or old ones around 450 to 900 do you guys think that it will be worth it to go that route?

IF (and that's a BIG IF) i decide to part out my new 91 pathy SE....... i will be selling the tranny..... auto. rebuilt 6 months before he stopped driving it. ;) but shipping will be a killer......... and i need at least $700-$800 for the tranny to help pay back the loan i got to buy it.... all being well i pick up the truck tonight. -bounce-

Edited by Slick