Question for the veteren Pathy wheelers

draginautoman

I would like to know if anyone has the complete Calmini kit or if you guys just run the control arms and springs. Also, if you guys run the steering upgrade. Any and all info would be helpful such as shocks,tires,rims,ECT thanx alot my rig is a 91 4dr auto

I have the Calmini 3" SL on my 91....

I have about 200miles on it since the lift was installed. I like the fact that everything came with it. Took me about 4 hours to install it... I needed to buy a Ball Joint fork and have someone with a torch get the spindles out of the stock UCA's

Edited by Casey.T

I have had calmini 3" S lift for about 1.5 years. It has done well. Biggest complaint was that the poly bushings began squeaking mercilessly after about 1 year. I had them relubed with a teflon based grease and they have OK so far. Good luck---glenn

i am broke so i just have the JGC coil upgrade with rancho rs5000 shocks.

L & P make a very good steering upggrade for less than calminis.

Edited by Slick

I may not be broke this year, but strive to be every bit as "financially effective" as Slick!

I went with JGC springs (4.0L for me because I hate harsh rides), stock TB's, Rough Country UCA's, L&P steering, and Heckethorn shocks (again, I hate harsh rides!).

Rear springs: $40

L&P stage 3 steering: $410

UCA's: $133

Heckethorns: $128

New Moog ball joints and tie rod ends: About $300?

So by doing some leg work, I saved a few hundred compared to going Calmini, and I don't think I gave up much, if any, in durability or strength. And the ride quality remains nearly stock.