Worried about my 02 Pathfinder max load.

cvearl

<<That is one wicked link in your sig! You write all that?>>

Yup. i haven't updated it in a looong time... but a few years ago it was a lot harder to get quality info the the R50 pathfinders, and I found Dean Thayer's webpage (XPLORx4) most helpful, so I tried to reciprocate.

there is alot of info on the Emu and AC coils available when you search this or ACs msg board. New coils will make a larger difference than shocks alone, and doing both at once will make a huge difference. You may not like the way it looks if you do just the rear - it'll have a jacked-up appearance. The Emu's coils ride without weight is firm, but I don't consider it too firm. I don't know what it would be like with shocks alone, but it is the coils that affect weight load, not shocks. Shocks serve as dampening devices, not structural payload devices.

If you go with Emu or AC coils in the rear alone, you will have that jacked-up issue - it's best to do front suspension (coils/struts) at the same time, but then again that takes more cash... but you could try new Nissan coils with no other mods and see how that treats you. From the sounds of it, you'll be loaded often and headed into the outback, so the Emu coils/shocks F+R would be a good option, albeit a pricey one. I don't know anything about Emu front struts - I went with less expensive KYBs - the Emu's weren't on the market when I did mine.

m.