Diesel and gas for power and economy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fascar

Dear All,

I have tried it on my jeep m38a1(with a toyota 2ct mated to its original drive train). Well it was ahome made setup for boost at 1500 rpm, MY GOD!! it give a good kick BUT push it too early and you have alot of knocking(seems like the engines gone) push it late and there seems to be no effect. This means we need to put in a gas flow regulator for variable rpm. My opinion would be to wait as this setup needs some further investigations(home made or otherwise).

The diesels are poor burners only 75-85% of fuel is burnt. The plg replaces the unburnt fuel and makes a complete burn(bigger bang) as most of the fuel is burned there is little soot(black smoke). You can therefore reduce diesel flow to compensate(hence fuel economy).

Here our motto is to improvise and go indigenous(imagine a toyota 2ct diesel engine mated to a jeep tranny) so I am looking for a regulator with a diaphram(as the lpg nozzle goes in the pre turbo intake as there is vaccum). By the way lpg has a higher ignition temp than diesel therefore under high pressure in the chamber the diesel would initiate burn and the lpg would quicken the rest of the process.

I would be more than happy to write more if anyone out there is brave enough(I have withdrawn strategically---ahem!)As I really like my terrano a lot i would not try it on her.

Fascar