Harmonic Balancer Pulley

Dowser

Just hoping for an update Dowser....I know you said you did not have the cash for teh t-stat but it is really cheap.If you havent already taken off the timing belt cover top & bottom make sure you make a template to remember where each screw goes because they are different sizes. I made the mistake of just taking them off and throwing them in my screw bucket.... :nono: so when I put them in it left a gap in the cover so I spent some wasted time figuring out where each one went.

UPDATE.

Basically the update goes like this.....

I'm an hour and a half from the nearest dealership, the only day off i get is Satuarday and Sunday, both days the parts department is closed. I Originally Paid for the Parts over the phone and told the parts guy to have them out for me on Satuarday when I go to Grande Prairie, I'll stop by the delership and have a Salesman just give them to me. The idiot Salesman kept repeating to me that he has no idea what is going on and doesn't know where to look, blah blah. I asked to take a look for me anyway and told him what the parts were, he went to the back room for all of 30 seconds and came back saying "Nope... Nothing." Then felt the need to tell me that on monday if I call them they can send them out on Greyhound for me as they do that all the time. SOooooo Left, called monday, Bitched on the phone and they said sorry for the mix up and they'll send it out that day. I call them back on thursday cause my stuff hadn't arrived yet at the greyhound. The Retarded Stealership spelled my name wrong and sent my sh!t to The Wrong Town. (Fort Saint John, 3 hours from me)

I then say, LOOK. I got the vehicle appart, im waiting on those parts and have been without transportation for a week now. Get me the bloody parts. He says he'll send them out for SURE today, and they should arrive later that day or tomorrow morning. Guess what..... NO PARTS.

Its now the Long weekend. Monday here is a Holiday, (Heritage day) and my pathy is still in pieces in the garage waiting for parts. I'm just dying for tomorrow to come so I can Scream at them over the phone. Honestly.... What a run around.

I wasnt aware the T-Stat was so cheap so I suppose I'll throw that into the mix as well. I figured it's a OEM Nissan part so must be like another 100+ bucks as per usual. and as far as knowing where everyting went.... I took it all apart with a Mental image of where it all goes back together. Seperate buckets for seperate area worked on. I pretty sure i know where they all go back, but then again.... its been a few days more then I was expecting.

We'll have to see.

Dowser :oops:

• 4 months later...

Its been several months since This Topic started and since then, much has changed. I quit my job and I've been taking a Mechanics course at a College up here. its only been since September but WOW, I can't get over how little I knew about anything mechanical. Going back now reading over this Topic is Embarassing in some regards hahah. So anyway this is an update.

About 3 weeks after my last post I finally got those parts. they ended up sending them to Fort Saint John a second time. The best part of this is that I ended up getting the Water Pump and the Timing Belt from Simon in Ontario Faster then the Stealership an hour and a Half away.

So I havent had much time at all to work on this Pathy thats been sitting in the garage for several months now and our Winter came a Little earlier then I was expecting. It's been colder then anything I've had to live through before with temperatures dipping down into -40 and colder with Windchill. I've tried here and there to work on it but I just end up cursing and swearing since its so cold out there and I cant even hold the tools in my hands without having them practically freezing to my hands. The last few days we've had a chinook and the temperatures have raised to Zeroish. So nows my chance to finally finish this beast befor I start school again on the 2nd.

New water pump is in, new Thermostat, I put new seals in, (old seals were a Real Pain to get out, Anyone made a special tool for this? I Have the Slide hammer with the screw on the end but it worked for sh!t) Putting things back together and Im on the Cam Sprockets. Now heres the thing that I find weird. When looking at the sprocket, the L3 one obviously goes on the Left side. Perhaps Im having a brain fart but Is that the Left side from looking at the engine from the front of the vehicle or from sitting in the drivers seat. The reason I ask is cause looking at the Engine from the front, My L3 was on the right., and I just want to verify that. Lastly the Chiltons I have has no Torque Specs on the Cam Sprocket mounting Bolts. Can someone with the FSM help me out with those. THanks.

Dowser :oops:

Thats what I figured, But just thought I would verify. At this point I have the sprockets back on, the tensioner in place, aligned the Crank and cams to their marks, But according to the chiltons, Quote "the rocker arm shaft bolts MUST be loosened so that the correct belt tension can be obtained."

Is it possible to do this without having to dive in to the rockers, i was really hoping I didnt have to get in there.

Edited by Dowser

Thanks, thats what I wanted to hear.

Soooo, I hate to have to ask so many questions, but its been since july and although I tagged everything, there are a few pieces that I cant seem to remember how they looked when they were in. Mainly the Tensioner Pulley Spring. I have it on the Tensioner pulley, and its on the block, but I cant recall if that spring is supposed to be above or below the Bolt that sticks out of the Block.

Hopefully that will be it for awhile....

post-9-1167604865.jpg