The SES strikes back.....

SnowKat

Soo... after my SES light was on for an exceptually long time and I paid for a bogus diagnosis and repair estimate (apparently I needed a new cat???) the light went out (I may have driven past someone who farted and set off the light). Upon researching the problem I found that it is common on all manner of vehicals and is essentially un-diagnosable, its the out of range reading between the O2 sensors. Its become such a problem that there is an industry developed around it in the form of O2 fakers.... for less than 30 bux I can never have this problem again. Its amasing what the environmentalists and auto manufacturers can do when they really put their heads together <wipes away tear> "Its beautiful man".

Annnywayyyyy......

A week after the light went out we put 3000Km on the 'Q driving to Vermont and New Hampshire with no problems..... good gas in the States and cheeper tooo.. ugh!

We even got the famous "This car climbed Mt. Washington" sticker for the newly dubbed "goat" (My wife hates it when I call a luxury vehical like the QX4 the goat...hehehehe... But, honey it does mountains like a mountain goat!!! ).

The more I drive it the more I love it...... Long live "The Goat"!

Markus

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replys...... sorry its taken soooo long to get back.

yea.... Navyqz19, whats been done with my type of car many times is to just pull the check engine light bulb...... "No light, No problem!"

The "Goat" is still running great and on cheep gas too..... go figure.

Markus