Hey there everyone :)

Guest jcatlin

Guest jcatlin

I was searching around for Pathfinder stereo wiring information and stumbled across this forum - great resource you have here! I figured I'd introduce myself before asking all my questions ;)

I bought my 1997 SE 4x4, manual transmission, rear tire carrier about a week ago through a private sale. It's in excellent condition, 88k miles, several recently replaced parts (struts, brakes, etc.) The seller had been told by a mechanic that the throw out bearing was going bad and that he might as well have the whole clutch replaced while they were in there. I agreed to take on the clutch responsibility myself so he lowered his selling price. After I took possession of the truck I had my mechanic check it out and he told me the clutch was fine and that the occasional noise while shifting (not very loud or often) was just the sound of my particular clutch engaging and that he "couldn't in good conscience sell me a new clutch that I didn't need" (see why I like this mechanic? :) ) End result - I got a 1997 Pathfinder in excellent condition for $8500. I'm very happy with this deal!

Well that's enough patting myself on the back :P I'm gonna head over to the garage forum to post my stereo wiring questions.

Great place you have here :)

-j-

Guest jcatlin

doh! I didn't even think about posting pics :huh: I don't have any that I've taken, but I do have some from the guy who sold me the truck.

driverside640x480.jpg

The only differences are 1) he kept that luggage/bike rack and 2) the Pathfinder is now sitting in my garage ;)

-j-

Guest jcatlin
you didn't happen to buy that from richard eddy in Colorado, did you? I remember he had to sell his pathy because of gas mileage, I remember that picture ;)

lol ok I can't believe you nailed it hahaha, but you're right that's who I bought it from. Now add to this the fact that once my wife and I showed up at his door to check out the Pathfinder we discovered that Richard and my wife used to work together. Talk about small world, eh? :)

His commute jumped to something like 56 miles one way while mine is under 10. Luckily the gas mileage isn't a problem in my case.

-j-