Head cover gasket change

Ramon

Hey npora members

I change the head cover gaskets on my VG30E engine and this is the process after a hole day of fun I am proud of say this is the first "heavy" work I ever done on my engine so probably you notice I forget professional steps like cover the air intakes with something to avoid anything goes in there or something LOL but is was good to me because I learned how to do it. Is not the BIG job but is very hard I can tell.:)

first of all the right side (the easy one)

3480729796_c5ea36742d_b.jpg

after cleaning the cover I change the Phillips screws for the hex head screws and the old gasket was broken in some areas

3480729186_0cc0643db9_b.jpg

3479921953_9da94c6c7d_b.jpg

the new gasket installed with the proper sealant

3480730202_a9d0a289ba_b.jpg

and finally the right side done

3479922783_2ca58ebc51_b.jpg

now the PITA work

first remove the manifold was hard and when I get it done this is what I found

3480731926_59c4bee985_b.jpg

3480731634_7809609526_b.jpg

3480733086_dfc2798b83_b.jpg

after cleaning all and reorder the distro (Thank you very much MYPath1 for the big big help ) Because I forgot to put a mark in the distributor and I don't what to do but he told me just the right way. ;)

3479923693_1b1f70806c_b.jpg

and finally everything back together

3480728894_e985d5179a_b.jpg

well thats it hope you can tell me your opinion and shy not good and bas critics and suggestion claims etc etc

thank you

:clap: very pretty!!!! but it's not the head gaskets you changed but valve cover gaskets. still a PITA tho lols. nice work. wish i was that clean with the blue goop! :laugh:

*edit* ah, i see you put "head cover gaskets" well then. lols..... :D:beer: apparently it was i who hit the language barrier lols

Edited by Slick

It could just be the light but does it seem like the rockers and springs get darker toward the back?

The first one looks nice and golden from heat and oil but its also in the sun. cyl 3 exhaust is kinda in the sun and it looks brown.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong(cause I don't know)

Just wondering if it means anything or is caused by anything? Loose valve sleves? More heat toward the rear of the block?

It could just be the light but does it seem like the rockers and springs get darker toward the back?

The first one looks nice and golden from heat and oil but its also in the sun. cyl 3 exhaust is kinda in the sun and it looks brown.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong(cause I don't know)

Just wondering if it means anything or is caused by anything? Loose valve sleves? More heat toward the rear of the block?

I didn't notice until you mentioned this other view looks exactly the same different angle and the first three in the front are with same sun light I am gonna check again for this issue is very weird uh?

3480729482_6975bc176b_b.jpg

blue goop? slick are you drinking on you're new meds? thats just the rubber gasket...now it looks like he used some red RTV but its def not blue

ugh, looked again.... wtf. a BLUE GASKET???? never seen a BLUE gasket before. mine have all been black...... *le sigh* go figure......

Edited by Slick

ugh, looked again.... wtf. a BLUE GASKET???? never seen a BLUE gasket before. mine have all been black...... *le sigh* go figure......

yes I was surprised too when I purchase them LOL

3411499891_24ae5fd4cf_b.jpg