Hi from South Africa

bertweed

Hi there folks,

I live in South Africa and have recently acquired a 2006 Pathfinder 2.5 diesel (manual transmission) with about 60 000 km’s (37 000 miles) on the clock. It’s a smooth ride both on and off road. My Pathy makes me happy I must admit.

There is however not many Pathfinder enthusiasts in South Africa so I’m turning to this forum for help and advice. I notice that most members have older Pathfinders (something that we don’t have in South Africa since Pathfinder was only introduced here in 2006 together with the Navarra twincab pick-up truck). I’m still hopeful that there are members that can advise me on my 2006 model.

So, I hope it’s not rude to ask in my intro already but I would like to know what the best revving rate would be for the 2.5 Dci engine in terms of longevity and economy, especially traveling long distances. Someone said to me that low revs can be bad for the engine.

Thanks for hosting this site!

Regards

Al

post-4854-1200561929.jpg

Hi there folks,

I live in South Africa and have recently acquired a 2006 Pathfinder 2.5 diesel (manual transmission) with about 60 000 km’s (37 000 miles) on the clock. It’s a smooth ride both on and off road. My Pathy makes me happy I must admit.

There is however not many Pathfinder enthusiasts in South Africa so I’m turning to this forum for help and advice. I notice that most members have older Pathfinders (something that we don’t have in South Africa since Pathfinder was only introduced here in 2006 together with the Navarra twincab pick-up truck). I’m still hopeful that there are members that can advise me on my 2006 model.

So, I hope it’s not rude to ask in my intro already but I would like to know what the best revving rate would be for the 2.5 Dci engine in terms of longevity and economy, especially traveling long distances. Someone said to me that low revs can be bad for the engine.

Thanks for hosting this site!

Regards

Al

post-4854-1200561929.jpg

Welcome to the boards. I'm sure you'll find plenty of people here to support you in your quest for knowledge. I personally have a gas powered WD21 so I can't answer your question directly but when I run at nominal highway speed of 55 to 60 mph, the RPM's run about 3500 to 4000. I think the idea of low RPMs being bad is that there is lot of work being done by the engine with low RPM/high torque and would promote wear.

anyone else???