Towing a 7x12 Enclosed trailer with an R50

Tuned200

Im looking into an enlcosed trailer for the Ninja and my Brother's Gixxer. We have decided on a 7x12, dual axle, and they weigh around 2,000lbs enpty. Add another 1,000lbs forthe bikes and gear and Im at 3,000. I have a class III hidden hitch on the truck, but I might as well get the use out of the trailer, being it has electri brakes.

My Pathfinder has the factory "flat 4" style wiring. The new trailer is a 7 wire "camper" style. How do I mod the wiring for the 7 wire style. Also, I will need a trailer brake controller. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.

step 1. go into any automotive supplies or truck accessories store

step 2. purchase the flat 4 to 7 pin adapter for chump change or electric brake controller for a bit more

step 3. enjoy

I hope it tows this easy. Thanks for the input.

I pulled a 17.5 foot camper trailer this summer that weighs 2550 lbs dry and loaded her up to about 3000 lbs with no electric brakes and it was fine. The manual t-mission is OK up to 3500 lbs and the auto is good for up to 5000 lbs. The thing you want to watch is not so much the weight of the trailer, but the tongue weight. It should be about 10-15% of the trailer weight, too much tounge weight and you lose proper steering and too little and the trailer will "own" you when braking. Good luck and happy trailering.