Moving To New Servers!

*Temporarily On Hold Due To Time Restrictions*

Members interested in helping test the new NPORA server platform, please contact RedPath88 via PM or email for further information.

Thank you,
-NPORA

Photo

Where to buy a new 4wd Auto/Lock switch?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   St_Kitts_Terrano

St_Kitts_Terrano

NPORA Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 12:41 PM
  • Model:Terrano R3mR
  • Year:1997

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:38 AM

My 1997 Terrano seems to randomly choose what drive mode it wants to be in each time I turn it on. The indicator lights will either show 2 wheel drive (2 rear wheels green) or the orange 4wd light will be illuminated. The selector switch is always set to auto, and selecting a different mode only makes the "beep" sound but doesn't change anything. I'm rarely off road. I never engage 4wd Hi/Lo using the shifter. I had an almost dead battery a few weeks ago and learned a cool trick - I could turn the lights on & off and it would change the 4wd mode! New battery fixed that issue.

I only noticed this issue after changing the dial from "auto" to "lock" once when I was testing it offroad. My mechanic here says it's a bad switch. I am looking to buy a replacement online but can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm back in the US in about a week so I need to find it soon. Thanks!

#2 OFFLINE   St_Kitts_Terrano

St_Kitts_Terrano

NPORA Newbie

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 12:41 PM
  • Model:Terrano R3mR
  • Year:1997

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

I found one on eBay (duh). Actually I bought 2 just in case one was a dud.

#3 OFFLINE   Bunchie

Bunchie

NPORA Fulltime Resident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Local time: 09:41 AM
  • Model:LE
  • Year:2002

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:00 PM

If yoou don't already, get yerself a inexpensive digital multimeter. Easiest way to confirm voltage, shorts, continuity, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to NPORA Forums

Please REGISTER to gain full access to the forum.

Make sure you read the Forum Guidelines and don't forget to post a new intro in the New People Start Here! section, to say hi too everyone.

-NPORA