SFD Alignment

tristan1035

I installed my SFD back in June and since have had a constant camber issue on the passengers side, my father and I tried installing the strut space the other way round and it made a truly terrible clunking noise whenever it turned. So we put it back to the original orientation, after we installed new LCA's and camber bolts the camber issue on the passenger has gotten even worse and I'm now told by that the passenger side spacer is for driver side, but driver side is perfectly fine. Are there even two different spacers, does anyone have any ideas?

It is correct that there is a driver's side and a passenger side spacer. They need to be installed on the correct side in order for the suspension geometry to be unaffected. The strut spacers should be plumb (straight up and down) on both sides. If there is any angle to them, it is possible they're installed on the wrong sides of the vehicle. Or worse, the strut spacers were not fabricated properly and you should ask the one who built them for a replacement.

How is the passenger side spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks just like the other side

It is correct that there is a driver's side and a passenger side spacer. They need to be installed on the correct side in order for the suspension geometry to be unaffected. The strut spacers should be plumb (straight up and down) on both sides. If there is any angle to them, it is possible they're installed on the wrong sides of the vehicle. Or worse, the strut spacers were not fabricated properly and you should ask the one who built them for a replacement.

I did not know this at all, do you have the schematics for both sides by any chance? And these were made by Krypton Fabs, and he hasn't repsonded to my calls or emails so I have little recourse on that end it seems Edited by tristan1035

I don't think the schematics are going to be helpful for you, since the strut towers have a slant to them. This is why the spacers have an 8° angle between the top and bottom mounts.

I also have a KRFabs SFD which is not yet installed. I did place them on the top of the strut towers in the engine bay to check for plumb. I don't recall which side is which, though my strut spacers are stamped with a "1" or a "2". I wish they were stamped with "L" and "R" instead. If I recall, I think "1" is the right side, and "2" is the left.

• Like 2