Automatic Trans breather extension

NovaPath

Can anyone confirm that the automatic transmission breather line is routed up high in the engine bay by the fire wall? I have read that the t-case and front diff are...

Trying to figure out how much line to buy for my breather extension, down here in FL the puddles get deep quick it appears.....

Unrelated, I made a sweet "on the fly engineering" air box fix prior to my trip today. I used Gorilla Tape to cover the original intake from the wheel well, drilled a couple of 2" holes in the airbox( BEFORE, the filter...), and then siliconed a cut in half piece of tupperware to the airbox top to act as a splash shield for the newly drilled holes. Shocking thing was, it actually worked.....Had it up to the tops of the wheels more than once and the intake was 100% dry. The created "Splash Shield" has plenty of evidence of water droplets drying on it as well. Had I not done it, I have a feeling after today I'd be asking who has swapped the motor in these things...lol.

Thanks,

Dude you saved yourself a mountain of trouble.. I just got finished replacing my engine due to water intrusion in very deep mud. Not fun!

I am pretty sure my breathers were VERY close to being submerged.. the trans and tcase are, like neilca said, on top of the bell housing and the front diff is on the driver side of the engine. Front diff is probably more exposed than the trans and tcase.

We need to see if we can intake from the passenger cowl if it's big enough..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far up do they extend past the top of the bell housing? Pretty sure I had it that deep a couple of times, was worried about water coming in through the door seals more than once.

Thanks!