yet another cruise failure

r3dplanet

Hello.

On my '95 Pathfinder I have a cruise control failure unlike those I've had before.

When I push the button on the left side of the dash to enable the cruise control the dash indicator just blinks "CRUISE" in green. The little green light on the cruise switch itself stays solid. It doesn't matter how I fiddle with the buttons, it just won't stop blinking.

Here's what I've done so far:

* pulled the steering wheel, machined new brass "brushes" and ensured that they made contact with the circular copper plates. The horn works fine. When I push the set, cancel, resume buttons the blinking "CRUISE" light is interfered and wobbles while continuing to blink. That tells me that the buttons are connected. The meter agrees.

* Swapped the vacuum line from the module under the hood.

* Pulled the cancel switch next to the brake switch and tested it with a meter. It works fine. If I jumper the two pins on the connector the cruise light still blinks. Also, the rubber pads for both the release and brake switches are the new green type.

* Checked to see if pushing the brake pedal has any effect on the blinking dash light. It does not.

According to the manual (page EL-71, Diagnostic Procedure 8) if the cruise indicator (not sure if means the green light on the switch itself or the dash "CRUISE" indicator) continues to blink with the brakes gently applied it terminates at adjusting the cancel switch on the brake pedal. I've already done that, so..

So, I'm out of ideas. Does anyone brainier than me have any more ideas of what this could be? Or anything else I could check?

Thanks!

-Red

Only thing I can think of is the actual actuator under the hood. It's got its own circuits and due to engine heat and being subjected to weather it could be the issue. Also check the connector under the hood going to it. I've had issues with corrosion there on my 240sx and 95 hardbody.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk