Easy Cruise Control Fix? (I hope)

ricks99

Cruise control on my 1997 LE stopped working yesterday. When I last used it (about a week ago, it worked fine).

The rocker switch does *not* light up when I turn it on.

The CRUISE light does *not* light up on my instrument cluster.

Clicking SET or ACCELERATE does nothing.

I thought it was a simple fuse... but for the life of me (I'm *NOT* a gear head) I could not find any fuse labeled "CRUISE CONTROL" in any of the fuse boxes.

Any ideas on where to start looking? Hopefully this is an easy fix?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pathfinder/1997_Pathfinder/el.pdf

start at page 162.

the junction box under your steering wheel column (driver side door, there's a little swing hinge. i use that for my coin storage).

It should be #12 (7.5amp) so second column, 3rd row for the fuse. try replacing that first.

It should be #12 (7.5amp) so second column, 3rd row for the fuse. try replacing that first.

Nope, fuse looks fine -- not blown. Interesting enough, it is marked as ELEC IGN (which must be Japanese for "Cruise Control" eh?).

Thanks for the Electical Control manual (though I'm not sure it will help me very much).

The ASCD pump seems intact -- there's no disconnected plugs

The ASCD Inhibit relay seems OK (although I don't know if I could tell what a "bad" one looks like).

Is there anything a complete novice can try?

The cruise control brake switch? There is a rubber plug on the brake pedal that likes to fall apart and out. Can replace the plug, or tape n glue pennies in its place. What I had to do to mine. :lol:

Maybe... it seems ok to me, but I'm not entirely sure what I should be looking for. Can you post a picture of the pedal and switch?

The cruise control brake switch? There is a rubber plug on the brake pedal that likes to fall apart and out. Can replace the plug, or tape n glue pennies in its place. What I had to do to mine. :lol:

Maybe... it seems ok to me, but I'm not entirely sure what I should be looking for. Can you post a picture of the pedal and switch?