87 Pathfinder TPS wiring diagram

SuperHatch

I have an 87 Pathfinder - V6 4x4 5 speed - doesn't run and the previous owner did a hack job on the Throttle Position Sensor wiring. The TPS has two connectors, a large one that has a white, black and red wire connected to it, that one is fine. But the other TPS only has two wires out of three wires connected, a blue one and pink one. It is missing a third wire.

Questions:

Does anyone have a schematic or know what the third wire color is and what it did? I.e. was the pink or blue wire the ground, the power or idle? Trying to get the wiring right so that I can get this thing started again.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

But the other TPS only has two wires out of three wires connected, a blue one and pink one. It is missing a third wire.

Are you referring to the Idle Switch? Looking through the wire colors on the diagram, it appears to be. It also looks like the connector has three ports, but only two are in use.

These are from a 1989 FSM, but should be the same.

1989-Nissan-WD21-FSM-EF_EC-114.jpg1989-Nissan-WD21-FSM-EF_EC-115.jpg1989-Nissan-WD21-FSM-EF_EC-116.jpg1989-Nissan-WD21-FSM-EF_EC-122.jpg1989-Nissan-WD21-FSM-EF_EC-123.jpg

• Like 1

Redpath - sir, you are a life saver!!

I was just poking around the engine just now and found that the MAF is also rigged up. Do you have the diagram for the MAF as well? Thanks so much for the help, I reeeeeally appreciate it!

Here you go

1989-Nissan-WD21-FSM-EF_EC-096.jpg1989-Nissan-WD21-FSM-EF_EC-097.jpg

And for reference (from page GI-7)

Wire Color Coding

B    = Black               BR    = Brown

W    = White               OR    = Orange

R    = Red                 P     = Pink

G    = Green               PU    = Purple

L    = Blue                GY    = Gray

Y    = Yellow              SB    =Sky Blue

LG   = Light Green

When the wire color is striped, the base
color is given first, followed by the stripe
color as shown below:

Example: L/W = Blue with White Stripe

• 3 weeks later...

HEY NICE INFO :) BUT MY 87 PATHFINDER HAS/HAD 3 WIRES HOOKED TO THE IDLE SWITCH .. I HOOKED IT UP AS PER THE DRAWING C/18 BLUE YELLOW B/33 PINK .. IT WAS HOOKED UP ( C/18 BLUE YELLOW B/SHIELD ??? A/33 PINK ) WITH THIS HOOK UP IT PASSED CALI SMOG TEST AND SEEMED TO RUN GREAT .. SO MY QUESTION IS DO SOME MODELS HAVE 3 WIRES TO THE IDLE SWITCH ? AND IF SO WHAT IS THE OTHER POINT ? (18 33 ?) ( 87 PATHFINDER SE 2DR 3SP AUTO A/C ) SEEMS TO RUN OK BOTH WAYS IN DRIVEWAY ...