Mr gasket spacers for the front?

shoesandsocks

So i know that u can put the mr.gasket in spacer in the rear withouht much trouble and have seen nico members use them for just a lil boost and hae tried it myself. But has anyone Ever seen these on the front or forsee any problems with using them in our front suspension just was think of an idea to give a lil boost to the front any one with excperience please chime in cause i cant see anything wrong buuttttt i have been wrong in the past.

rcsb03.jpg

I could be wrong, but i don't think you can conveniently insert them in the front.

You would likely have to remove the strut assembly, and if you are doing that you might as well put a new spring in (either OEM or lift).

Do you know which part# fits the back coils? 1287 or 1285? Did you stuff it in between the coils or did you put it at the very top/bottom? Thanks for the info!

To answer your original question I'm pretty sure you'll have to disassemble the strut to let the springs decompress, stuff the spacer in, and then reassemble the strut assembly.

Okay got around to trying this today and it seems as if there is to much space between the coil that when they compress it wont actually hit the spacer it just kinda loosly fits maybe i can disasemble the strut and have them put at the top of the strut mount but thats all i got.

for the rear i put them in between the coils i have really bad sag so i think that made the biggest difference i think empty v had his at the bottom with the same result but i didnt actually use a mr gasket spacer i went to autozone got a coil spring booster kit $5 for each and just slid it in same thing and made out of good rubber just half the cost two months in and no complaints.

I actually am using them in the front to give me a just lil gain. What I did was jack up the front and cut them in half. Slide one half to the very top of the coil and one half to the vary bottom. Gives about .5 lift.

I actually am using them in the front to give me a just lil gain. What I did was jack up the front and cut them in half. Slide one half to the very top of the coil and one half to the vary bottom. Gives about .5 lift.

Any way you could show us a picture of this?

OK I tried them in the rear tonight (OME springs) but the gaps in the coil are too large for it to fit snug all the way around. At first I jacked up the truck, undid the sway bar links, undid the shocks and lowered the axle as far as it would go without ripping the soft fluid lines out but the OME springs by themselves were pretty snug in there already. There was no way for me to wedge the spacers at the very bottom or the top of the sping perch so I chose the bottom coil and buttoned everything back up. After lowering it and jumping on the rear hitch they're (actually less) half snug, the other half is loose even when sitting on the ground. I'm sure with more weight in the trunk they'll help but as it sits they didn't really make any difference that I can tell. In fact at full droop I wouldn't be surprised if I lose them at some point in the future. To do it right they really should go on the spring perches but without compressing the springs that won't be possible, with the OME springs anyways.

Any way you could show us a picture of this?

Ditto-iceman: pictures please!