New Stereo Head Unit

advseeker

First time poster, be gentle. I have just bought a '99 Pathfinder and today I fitted a Sony head unit using the Nissan factory harness and all is not good. I only have right rear speaker and when I disconnect the aerial lead (the 2 wire one with adapter) the unit powers down (turns off). I have fitted quite a few unit to a variety of vehicles and never had this issue before. Any help would be appreciated

I almost wounder if you have a higher sound package. I dont know much about the new pathfinders but i have seen on other makes that if you have bose edition sound or a higher package a regula r sound hardness doesnt work its different due to the different sound package the was it it connects to the stock amp. Idk like i said i dont know much about the 96 and up pathfinders but thats something to check it. I had a simular problem with my buddies passat. I just dont know if nissan does that or not.

If I am not mistaken 96+ pathys have a single wire connector that pushes into the back of the OE radio that is a GND wire...the plug & play radio harness does not use this plug therefore no ground through the harness; just the one you may have formed by plugging in the antenna, like Simon said.

o that was dumb i wounder why they did that lol i guess i never knew that. can you just cut the end of it off and save it then connect it to the wire harness?

Edited by edicer2

o that was dumb i wounder why they did that lol i guess i never knew that. can you just cut the end of it off and save it then connect it to the wire harness?

That's Nissan for ya...