It's gone

As the title may have suggested, yesterday was a long day for me as I said goodbye to my Pathy. The cost of gas was just killing me, as was the extra insurance (compared to what I've lowered it to) as well as the hefty car payment it carried with it. Being a full-time student and having a wife who works for the state (which doesn't have the money to give annual raises for reasons "greater than the Governors") finally got the best of me, and I had to let it go. I sold it to Carmax, who gave me a hefty 8K for it (with 99K on the clock and all SORTS of pinstripes and dents) and ended up buying my wife a fully loaded '04 Kia Optima with leather, the 2.7L V6 and 40K on it for $8,500 out the door, along with a full service package including oil changes/tire rotation balancing and allingments/state inspections for the next 3 years or 37500 miles and GAP insurance too. It's practical for right now, and after owning our little 3 door Accent for almost 5 years now and driving the hell out of it for 100K miles, I can attest to the fact that Hyundai makes a (albeit the goofiest) decent product. Plus, the factory warranty goes to 100K...another selling point. To be completely honest, since gas began hiking to upwards to $3.00 I stopped driving it and swapped cars with the wife, using our Hyundai as my daily driver (55 miles per day) I never even drove the Pathy, and on weekends it sat. It was to the point where it wasn't enjoyable to own anymore. And we can't afford at this point in time to have something like that burning holes in our pockets (not till I graduate at least)

I've now lowered our payment by $123.00/mo. ($197.00 compared to $320.00) dropped our insurance premium $95.00/annually, and hacked off $20.00/fill up with ***GASP*** 87 OCTANE! The savings are the only thing that's kieeping me sane right now, and I know it was the right thing to do as a result of it.

I sure do miss the truck though. Maybe in a few years I'll pickup another, seeing as by then gas will be probably $33.00/gallon and the market for SUV's will be even more awkward.

I'd still like to hang around here, as I have for the last 2.5 years, and chime in when I can. Here's a few photos of the newbie:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4-1.jpg

I can't even begin to explain how much I miss the Pathy though!

Sad to hear man. I thought about selling mine for like half a second, but mine has been paid off for like 4 or so years & I only have liability so insurance is not a problem. I figure what I save on a new car payment+insurance (full coverage) can go to my 16mpg gas guzzling beast.

I hope that the gas does go to $33/gal. then you can get another Pathy b/c at that point it won't matter what ya drive cause we'll all be getting screwed royally!

*stupid goverment won't let me run my Pathy off of moonshine...stupid laws & what not*

Thanks guys (and girls)

I just sold the roof rack and lights to it, that's the last of the things I still had.

I do fully intend on buying another VQ Pathy in a few years. I'm not gonna say "by then I'll have the $$ to do an SAS blah blah blah" because that's not realistic. I'll mod it a bit more than mine was, and hopefully at that point I'll have found one that's a 5-spd. :D

I feel your pain brother. I too had to sell a vehicle many years ago due to financial reasons. 1976 Grand Prix SJ with T-tops, landau roof and a 455cid. Don't forget about us man. :D

I feel your pain brother. I too had to sell a vehicle many years ago due to financial reasons. 1976 Grand Prix SJ with T-tops, landau roof and a 455cid. Don't forget about us man. :D

I would have probably just ponied-up a kidney instead...

I would have probably just ponied-up a kidney instead...

Yeah she was a beauty, silver with red interior. Not a real quick car from the line but on the highway....howlin man. Fawkin pig on gas but back then, who cared :bounce: