your pathy

cohen

I need some pics of the engine compartment with only a 3" body lift:

-the "pipes" (I wouldn't call them hoses b/c they are stiff?) that are up against the firewall.

-the "pipes" going out of the engine compartment (passenger side)

-then the driver's side where the pipes connect to the master clutch cylinder, smog lines, and brake lines.

I'm putting a body lift on tuesday and I'm just curious to how every1 else is doing it b/c I don't want to break one of mine by hoping that they just expand when I jack the body up...or do they just expand?

ps: when you have to extend the steering shaft. you "tap it out" and pull it so it goes back into the steering box at the front on the car. correct??

:help:

I have some pictures on my cardomain link of when i did my body lift. The hardlines you are referring to are the brake lines and the vent line for the charcoal canister from the gas tank. I suggest you the spray the poop out of all the bolts and the steering shaft with some PB Blaster.

Do one side at a time and lift slowly. You'll probably have to "stretch" the front hard brake lines. There's enough slack from the coils.

nvm I just looked at it a little bit ago. it has a rubber hose at the driver side end and has enough slack. 1 more thing tho

-the bottom of the 4 "pipes" has a rubber hose on it i don't know what it goes to but it's already tight so I need a new one of them. I think I remember reading from another thread that its 3/8. do you remember replacing that?

Edited by cohen

nevermind. dad is a complete ass hole, even after the kit is sitting in my garage and have plans to start at 10 am tomorrow. he says no. what a complete waist of like 2 weeks getting guides to installing it, calling up friends, and making a date where everyone can all meet. pssd

any suggestions on things that are less "extensive"? :rolleyes:

Edited by cohen