What oil filter for a TD27?

Datsunman

I guessed the oil filter on my WD21 Terrano might be the same as that on a UK spec R20 Terrano II as it has the same engine but it's not! I've tried to find a listing for a 1990 Terrano R3M 2.7TD but I've had no luck so far.The filter that was on it is a Japanese one made by Axcela with the number 4NC-109 but I can't find any referece to that make from which to cross reference. Can anyone give me a Nissan part number of even an afermarket number that I might be able to cross reference from?

I can post a picture of the old filter if it'll help.

Thanks,

Ed

Terrano Filter part numbers

Here is what I can find in Australia for TD27 Terrano 1992

Oil Filter

Ryco (Australian brand) Z502 about $ 32Aus

MAX Nippon filter (Diakuan Filter co.) MO-229 $20.50 Aus

to fit Nissan :

15208-20N02

15208-20N03

15208-20N10

15208-40L00

15208-40L02

15208-NS011

Nissan $75 Aus

Fuel Filter

Ryco Z332

Nissanpart numbers:

16403-59E00

16403-59E00AU

Geordie

Thanks geordie, that's gives me some good info to go on. The only one from that list I have tried is the 15208-40L02 but it didn't fit. There's like a tube in the the center which is too long and won't allow me to screw the filter up tight to seal. There's a good chance on of the others there will fit though so I'll take the list down to Nissan and see what they can come up with.

Thanks for the help!

-Ed

Datsunman,

yes I have seen the same filter with the longer center pipe. I think it is to fit an older non-turbo 2.7D motor as well as some other vehicles

These are also listed on the box of the Z502 (MO-229) filter

Mazda

IND02-14-302.

IND04-14-302.

ISUZU

5-86102-408-0

5-86122-879-0

The one I use has the shorter tube and I think it fits both TD27 and non turbo.

NZ Terrano Owner, sAl

I am not sure of the difference between the Z416 and Z502.

I am off work getting ready for a trip so I could look at the local parts shop and find what other filter brands they have a listing for.

Geordie

Edited by geordie4x4

The Nissan one I tried that didn't fit was identified by cross referencing from the old filter that was on it which was on it. I did wonder if it was a case of the aftermarket one being a replacement that could replace both the long and short tube type and it looks like that's the case.

Don't go out of you way to go down the parts place just to check for me. I reckon I can use the info you have already given. I haven't had time to go down the Nissan dealer yet as I'm in the middle of an engine transplant that's got be finished by the weekend.

-Ed

I just had my oil changed last week. I will have to go back to the mechanic because apparently japanese mechs want to make sure everything is good after they do something (novel concept). My appointment is tomorrow. I will ask him when I go.

But from memory, when I looked up my filter at the store, there is no difference between td27 and td27t, and I believe that my filter is the one you mentioned, 4nc-109.

The oil filter is different than the td 27 oil filter, the td 27t uses a combined oil filter/bypass filter, in Aus it is the Ryco Z416 or the Genuine Nissan 15208-20N10, note that the oil filter changed on Terranno td 27t's from 93 on, hope this helps

Greenbushy