A few questions

Hey all I am really new to this forum. I tried using the search but nothing entirely good came up. My question is, does anyone else have/had a loose center console/arm rest. Mines pretty wobbley and I can't figure out how to get it tighter.

Also, from the census of most posts it seems that most people are running new wires when it comes to installing an after market head unit. Has anyone tried this? and kept their stock amps. Is it even worth it to keep the stock amps if that thing works. Does anyone have the clarion amps wattage ratings?70-1764.jpg

My center console wobbles a bit too, but not too bad. Its secured by two bolts (philips heads I think) at the bottom that go through the floor. If you empty out your console and dig to the very bottom you'll see them. Problem is, I couldn't turn them without stripping them. I went underneath the truck, to see if it might be easier from the bottom. They are a pain to reach, but accessible. Good luck. :aok:

Nutz

your wobbley console bothers you that much? lol i have been going for like 3months without any screws in mine. i can pop it out in a second. and i never really had problems with it hmm.

in relation to your stock wiring. id say replace it with all new stuff. it is relativily simple, just run wires from the HU under your dash and threw the doors. and for your rear speakers under the door trim by your feet. if you are running an aftermarket deck the internal amplifier will be plenty enough to run your speakers..and will most likely interfear with the stock one. bypassing the whole thing is much easier.

and when you mean clarion amp ratings..like the internal amp? that should be 50 x 4 watts. if you need more just buy an external one to run your components.

Thanks guys for your posts. After looking at the wiring upfront near the head unit and back at the amps, I decided to go for it. I spliced the wiring goin into the amps, removed them and connected the In wires to the out ones. Whole process only took about 2 hrs and that was mainly due to the fact that the purple wire went to the black with pink stripe wire and so on. I dont see why they couldnt have used the same colors all throught and not used two light greens. But its done. Now i just gotta buy some speakers cuz mine are all dryrotted. I think i might be goin with these because they're on sale. http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=267-368