Pathfinder UPGRADES

Guest CHEVEL67NI

It sounds cool tho sucking lots of air

You can easily pick one up at autozone or skunks.Just bring your maf and match it up. The wholes arent going to line up.Make sure you get one that has that extra half round cutout and dont get the true square one on all sides;

I found a perfect adaptor at a local carparts store here but unfortunately it has a 4 inch opening. Its made by finish line part number dap-479

Does anyone know if K&N makes a filter in 4inch opening coz I would like to upgrade my old one

maf2.jpg

maf.jpg

It sounds cool tho sucking lots of air

You can easily pick one up at autozone or skunks.Just bring your maf and match it up. The wholes arent going to line up.Make sure you get one that has that extra half round cutout and dont get the true square one on all sides;

I found a perfect adaptor at a local carparts store here but unfortunately it has a 4 inch opening. Its made by finish line part number dap-479

Does anyone know if K&N makes a filter in 4inch opening coz I would like to upgrade my old one

maf2.jpg

maf.jpg

i doubt a k&n is going to be a big upgrade over the one you have, i wouldn't waste my money. but thats just me.

Like I said, I'm not doubting it made a slight difference. And drag races don't prove much. Too many variables. Sorry, I live in the Pathfinder world and Nissan's sports car worlds, and in the sports car forums, there's lots of people talking about how much more power they feel from a mod, but most of their improved "power" is in their heads. That's why they're always disappointed when they end up dyno'ing their car. I know how small the opening of the MAF is, which is why I believe that it does give you more power to bore it out. I'm just saying that without supporting mods, it's not going to be a huge increase.

i think that the difference would show up on a dyno. i've driven plenty of vehicles, been to the drag strip, i can definately feel the difference between mods. if i had the motivation i could even go out and swap the old maf back in and time my 0-60, but i'd rather not. this is the way i see it. we all know that car manufacturers make the cars run pretty rich from the factory. intake and exhaust helps lean things out some, and modifying the maf will make it lean things out even more. the primitive ecu on the pathfinder isn't going to compensate for the larger opening, its just a 2 resistor sensor, it will likely still think its the same amount of air coming in, so i've effectively leaned it out more. as i'm sure you know, the closer to stoich your running, the more efficiently your motor is going to run.