Turns out it was the loose nut behind the wheel

revgolem

I always get excited when a pathy pulls into the shop. I've gotten to know mine pretty well and I'm always looing foreward to working on others. I had a 93 come in the other day for a simple oil change. So ok, it was 7K overdue but it seemed to run fine. I did the oil change and a little later the driver came to pick it up while I was at lunch. When I got back, it was still there and my service writer told me "you need to check it out, she said it acted like it was misfiring and she couldn't even get it off the lot." Seemed a little strange since it was fine earlier and I hadn't done a darn thing to it but change the oil and filter. I started it up, everything was fine... ran just a little rough for the first few seconds, but then so does mine... she just needed to warm up. so I pulled it into the shop to check things out under the hood. Basically, it boiled down to 230,000 miles on the ODO and it still had ORIGIONAL plugs, wires, fuel filter and possible air filter. I seriously couldn'ty belive the thing was still running as well as it was. It almost made me cry to see the complete lack of maitenence. But what was worse was that she decided that she didn't want to do anything with it. Oh well... just had to get that off of my chest.

Sounds like mine....I got it about 5 or so months ago and when I went to do a tune up it had original plugs and wires....yet ran fine....its a 94 so th plugs were 11 years old at least,,,,I had fun swapping them out due to rust but I accomplished the swap and Im at 95,000 miles and running purrrrfect so far (knocking on wood) P...P...

Edited by govols74n

I have like 260000km on my ODO i dunno what that is in miles. and I am starting to think the previous owner has yet to do any of this as well. I Might just wait another month or so for spring and deal with it. it feels like it lacks power but always starts and runs good, so I cant complain.