wheel width 15 x 7 or 15 x 8 " ?

mishikwest

I'd go with the 8" rim as this will give you a bit more choice with tire widths in the future.

A note on the 3.75 backspacing. This will make your tires stick out. Stock is about 4.75 and a happy medium for an 8" rim is about 4" bs. Your tires will stick out just a bit past stock. Just a little reference. Some people like the look of a wide stance.

Another thing to consider is that the further you stick out the more wear and stress you will put on your ball joints ;if you offroad a lot you could thrash them much more easily; I have what Mookie suggested and it seems to be working all right----glenn

thx for the input fellas,

I was reading some old links and people were talking about 3.75" back spacing on 15 x 8's, that's where I got that #.

As my truck sits right now, it's got the stock 15 x 6 ? chromies, which needless to say sit waaay inboard. Truck looks and feels like it needs a tad wider paw-print, I don't want to go overboard though. That's kinda why I was thinking 15 x 7, either way it sounds like 4" backspacing would be a bit more modest.

I've ran 15x8 wheels with 4" BS. If you're running 33x12.50 MTs, the inside tire outter lugs will catch the compression rod mount and full steering lock and under compression with the tires turned. I have pictures on my Car Domain so you can get an idea.

I can't remember what the BS on the legos are.