A question about the Calmini 3 suspension lift

Guest grego

Hi I see a number of you are running the Calmini suspension kit, how do you find the ride over stock?

I notice the rear springs they use are very heavy against stock, does this give a very hard ride?

With the front arms changed and then the front lifted to match rear height, what does this do to the front end downward travel?

Thanks

Grego

hi grego! Well , I have the calmini lift. Here's what I can say : the rear does sit higher then front when empty about 1 inch ; with a full load of camping gear and gas it evens out some but is still higher. When I first got the lift I had the shop even out the front by over - cranking the T -bars but this really limited the front wheel travel and made for a VERY harsh ride because every little dip in the road caused the control arm to bottom out against the bump stops. Then I had the front set down lower again and this improved. In general I would have to say the ride is a lot firmer than my old stock set up but is not intolerable.

I got about 10 miles on my when the timing belt slipped... I did put a Steering Stabalizer on my To-Do list... I have about 1" of down travel on my UCA's before they hit the bump stops and the roads here in Spokane Suck they should change the name to pot hole city :furious:

My Test drive was with a full tank of gas and completly empty... it was actually pretty smooth...

There are several that have many miles on there calmini's and im sure they will chime in

I have 32x 11.5 BFG ATs and with those and the lift the steering had quite a lot of vibration. Balancing the tires helped but so did a steering stabilizer. Also, something to think about was that I soon developed popping sounds coming out of front ball joints probably due to increased angle of CV joints. I replaced stock auto hubs with Warn manuals and that cleared up .

Thanks guys, I am down in New Zealand and it is a big investment to buy then ship down here. The last thing I want to to get it here then have problems with it.

Grego