Header Parts

ChrisR

I am just about to get some Thorley Headers and was wondering if there is anything else that I will need to get to do the project. Will I need to get a new down pipe and an Catalytic converter in order to have the bigger pipe all the way back? Or can I just get the headers and high flow muffler and everything will fit perfectly and get the same effect? I am already looking at a high flow muffler so that will not be a problem. I am planning to do the project myself so hopefully I won't break any studs. :wacko:

Edited by ChrisR

after the thorleys i suggest a high flow cat and 2.5" pipe all the way through for best results.. and the muffler of your choice :aok: (I went with a 50 series flowmaster) good luck!! -bounce-

assusming you dont break any studs is a bad idea. i replaced mine just to get the old ones outta the engine. went to the local nissan stealership and they charged me up the a$$ for teh 12 studs. cost me like 125 bucks for the studs,washers, and nuts. i swear i could make afortune goin down to the local hardware store buying the studs and parts there and sell em or half as cheap as nissan. JK (they wouldnt be the right size and what not)

Wow that is a lot of money for jsut the studs!! Doesn't the Thorleys come with all of the parts to install them? I am planning on getting all new studs anyway to put them on with. I am looking at a cat on the AC website, are those any good? I would like something that will make a bit more sound but not excessive. :D

You could get the AC cat or prolly any 2 1/4" in & out one (I bought a Magnaflow). If you're going to go with the 2 1/4" throughout, you'll have to get a custom tailpipe made at a local exhaust shop or buy a 90 degree and dump it out in front of the rear tire (Check legality in your area first).

Where is the best place to get studs? If I go to the dealer, will they give me studs like the ones that I already have? I would like to get studs that I do not have to replace again.

or buy a 90 degree and dump it out in front of the rear tire

Hmmmm....now that's a good idea, :idea: but I live in a smog\inspection area....I am sure NC has some lame excuse to make that illegal. :angry:

I'll have to ask around....

Thanks for the idea! :cool2:

Z