Still strange engin noise at cold temperature.

chapter

This morning it's -20 degré Celsius here in Montreal... So when I start my path 2002, there is a strang noise coming from the right side of the engine (driver side) The noise is not steady and it come from something turning... The noise go down when the engine warm up...

I have to return to the dealer again but I'm not sure they will find something again...

It's hard to find where it comes from but for sure it's on the driver side...

Is someone has experience this kind of noise???

Thanks!

Also I can heard a litttle valve noise when accelerated... I hope they solve the manifold stud problem because it's the same noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a kind of grinding noise intermittant, not steady.... for sur it comes from something turning but it's not the strap for sure! The noise is strong at cold start. It comes from the driver side of the engine and down. It's like the sound comes from the right down corner of the radiator????

Water pump maybe? But yours being a 02 I wouldn't think. If it only happens at cold temp and goes away I wouldn't worry too much about it. I live here in TN and in the winter one day it could be 60 degrees F, and the next day 30 degrees F causing my PF to make some funny noise sometimes. I'll give you a hint. When it comes to funny noises and the dealer, if it's not making the noise when you take it in they probably won't find it, and if you go back to many times they will find something but it won't be the cause of the noise.