Help with center caps?

Guest Mongoose31

Guest Mongoose31

I got 15x7 rockcrawlers from my wife for Christmas for my 1997 r50 and was wondering if anyone has used or knows of a smaller center cap. The stock ones are huge they are almost flush with the rim lip since I'm using 15x7 with mild offset.

I had a 1993 pathfinder with plastic center caps that lock in with the lugs would these work? everything came from 4wheel parts and two of the center caps are open I can exchange them for closed since I dont have locking hubs right?

any info or ideas greatly apreciated

thanks to the members who helped with rim size and choice.

Doug

I've got closed caps over the auto hubs on my WD21, I don't see why you couldn't do that as well. A smaller cap wouldn't fit over the auto hubs and you'd want the rears to match the fronts, right? Maybe just throw the rims on without caps and see how it looks.

I'm not 100% on this...

I have the AR 767's, but I have some other (cheaper) brand center caps - which are pretty big, kind of how you explain. I do believe however the AR center caps are a lot smaller.

My cheapie ones actually look craptacular these days - rusty as hell... I was concidering trying the black plastic center caps as some of the Xterra's have.

But they're not exactly cheap...

Closed caps

Open caps