Slight rattle noise at high RPM's

madhatter_xe

Not sure I want to hear the answer to this, But what are possibe causes of a loose/rattleing noise when the truck gets up between 3-4K RPM?

A couple months back I was out rippin through some sloppy trails and got some water in my intake and the truck stalled. It started up running again but in the process, I think some idiot that was out wheelin with us might have over-revved it or something with the throttle control. I don't know if that caused any damage, but since then its been making a bit of a rattle right before I shift up (auto tranny).

It eventually disappears when the truck is warmed up. The truck has 293K KM on it.

I know it'll probably be a huge job to fix regardless, but I'd like to get an idea of what it might be.

Thanks for any info. :beer:

Ditto the heat shields as the source, especially since its an easy and free fix (if you adjust or remove it). Try ducking down to listen underneath while a friend revs the engine to the right RPM's. Try having them slowly rev up and hold it if you hear the noise so you can try to pinpoint it. Or at least, that might eliminate the shields so you can move on.