Clutch Pressure

Crazy Geologist

About a month ago, I go to start my 91se, and I have no clutch pressure. So I tow it to a mechanic, and he bleeds the clutch. It worked fine for about 100 miles, then I had the same problem. So I tow it back, and he replaced the clutch master cylinder, and charges me again to bleed the clutch. Since then I have driven about 700 miles and now my my pathy is in the driveway with the clutch bled dry- no pressure at all.

My understanding of a clutch system is two cylinders, one which is controlled by the pedal and another at the end of a hydraulic line which separates the clutch plates. Seems simple, but definitely new to me. Where should I start looking for the leak? Maybe the slave cylinder was the culprit? How hard is it to bleed a clutch?

Any suggestions? I really don't want to pay this mechanic again. :help:

Sounds like the slave cylinder is leaking or the rubber line is cracked somewhere perhaps. Bleeding the clutch is simple, same as brakes. Unscrew the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder, have someone press the clutch pedal slowly to the floor, then close the valve and let the pedal up. Do that several times while making sure the reservoir is staying full and you have bled your clutch system.