Transmission Replacement

Guest 89SErawr

Guest 89SErawr

I posted this in the 86 - 89 already, but i wanna know if the 90-95 will fit

"I have my 89 SE sitting in front of the house, and last week i blew the transmission and its seal. I need to know what kind of trasnmission will fit in here besides the RE4R01A, which came with the 4WD from 87 till 95. Does the 4WD hardbody trans match up ?"

Guest 89SErawr

ok so v6 hardbody trannys will fit, and any of the v6 pathys then too ? anyone know of a place i can get a tranny rebuild kit if we decided to just do it ourselves ?

I can field this one, been there done that.

Not sure if yours is a standard or Auto. but I recently finished rebuilding (bearings only) my 5 speed tranny. I got my kit from the followingplace.

Transmission Exchange Co.

1803 NE ML King Blvd

Portland, OR 97212

800-776-1191

http://www.txchange.com

Prioir to ordering the kits I would mention that you should verify that the kit comes with ALL the parts you need.

I did run into an issue that for some reason certain bearings and seals were not a part of the kit, like the rear main shaft seal. I would think this to be standard seal in a seal kit.

Guest 89SErawr

i have the RE, or atleast thats what my chilton's says right here. I have an auto , guess i forgot about that part when i was writing this.