blinker Q?

nick1716

I think if you want to make your corner lights your turning signals, cant you just cut the wires from the turning lights and then just wire it strait up to the corners. i mean positive to positive negative to negative.

no, you must have a negative in order for the lights to work. you would need to cut the positive lead running to your origional blinker and splice that into your positive to your running lights. althought im thinking you may have to also cut the positive that runs to the parking lamps or else you may get some sorta feedback. doing all this will render your running lights useless...which may or may not be a problem. the only other alternative is to find a dual filament bulb/boot combination to where you can just hook up the other positive lead to the blinker.

right now you just have 2 wires running into your running lights. a positive and a neg, and your bulb only has one fillament. with a dual filament, youd have 2 positives and 1 negative wires, and 2 filments. that way you could still save your running lights. they wired it this way because the running lights were completly seperate from the turn signals. in other vehicles both the running and turn lights are teh same thing...but they utilize a dual fillament 3 wire setup.

the easiest would be like i said, just cut the running light lead and splice a wire from the turn signal lead to the old running light lead runing into the bulb boot. you wont have your running lights (check your local laws) but youll get the restults you wanted.