Pathfinder Wouldn't Start Solution to the Problem

95Finder

I searched the forums for a bit last night to try to see if anyone else has had the same problem I was running into. The thing is people post their problems but don't usually follow up with the fix. At first I thought I had filled up with some bad gas because the engine would stall out while I was driving...it would take as long as 5 minutes before it would start again. Yesterday The fuel pump would work intermittently, so I pulled off the fuel pump access cover in the rear cargo area and saw the problem. There are 4 wires that run to the fuel pump, they all are connected to brass posts with a ceramic button on top of them. The 2 wires on either end were corroded and one fell off when I moved the wiring harness. I chipped off the ceramic covers and cleaned up the brass posts with some emery cloth, I then soldered the wires back to the cleaned up posts and WA LA the car starts and stays running. These wires must have been so corroded they would have a connection sometimes and other times they wouldn't. Hope this writeup helps someone. Later.

Glad to hear you found the problem and it was an inexpensive fix. I had to reattach one of those wires when it snapped off while I was replacing my fuel pump too.

Yeah, it would be good if we all did a follow up post when we find the solution to a problem we asked for help on. I'll try to do that more often, too.