Brake bleeder thread type?

hoohaa

Sorry Bud, but I couldn't find the thread pitch anywhere in Chilton's... I don't want to pull one and measure it; I just bled the brakes last weekend... :shrug:

Is no one in a position to do a quick measurement ?

B

Cool !! Thanks YamaDad !! I'd assume 10mm is for calipers and 7mm for wheel cylinders (drum brakes, ie rear).

Yes the rear is definitely 7mm, but unless the front are relieved after the thread, they only read 8mm... Thats on my 95 with rear drum... :shrug:

B

Opps! I screwed up. The right ones for both front & rear is #639560: 10 mm x 1.0, come in a pair. I ordered 2 pair from Summit for 9.88 a pair, so now I have to return the 639570 and get a second 639560. I guess I'm not going to be doing my new brake lines today after all.

Just wanted to verify this again for future searchers, M10 1.00 is the correct thread type for both front and rear. I was told this earlier today, and it's verified here. I can't wait to get my lengthened rear brake line on!

Yes. I have 4 wheel disk. Call Summit this morning and told em I ordered the wrong bleeders for the rear, and they told me: no problem, We'll send you the right ones free.

Those guy's are tops. -bounce- javascript:emoticon('-bounce-')

smilie

Don't even have to return the wrong ones! :aok: