Aftermarket Clutch..?

SteeevO

I noticed that there could be a little leak from the back seal I figured I would change it, this is what caused my curiosity about resurfacing the flywheel.

The clutch plate and the fly wheel are like glass, I'm wondering if the PO did get a new clutch and they just don't remember it.

The pressure plate has little wear.

I ordered the throw out bearing, pilot bearing, and pressure plate, I did not order a new clutch plate thinking that it could be resurfaced but I'm wondering maybe I should get new clutch plate.

At the same time the surface on the clutch and flywheel are very, very smooth.

Is it possable that a surface can be to smooth?

Yes, the clutch plate will 'polish' the fly wheel, so that doesn't suprise me but it could be that the clutch plate is glazed (like brake pads can be) and that is not helpful. Hard to tell withou seeing it. Personally, I'd just replace it. Definitely replace the rear main seal, especially since you already suspect it.

I didn't replace mine as I had not considered it at the time, and it seemed fine. Hopefully it will last. I left the old pilot bushing in as well as the ID measured exactly the same as the replacement part. :shrug:

B