OME and topping out

dernt

I installed a set of OME springs, and stock height KYB gas-a-just in the rear and GR-2s in the front. On rough dirt roads, it feels like my rear shocks are topping out. Are the OME shocks the same height as stock, or are they longer? I hope I didn't screw up by not getting the OME shocks, or longer KYBS.

Anyone else notice this?

Neither the front or rear OME springs are smaller than the OEM ones. I installed these myself. Where did you get your info?

Edited by dernt

I think he is refering to the uncompressed spring height. Uncompressed my OME rear springs were NOT as tall as the stock ones I removed (Since I hired someone to install the front springs, I did not compare them). The rear OME springs have two more coils as I recall and the wire diameter was larger. I suppose that translates into stiffer springs, but the ride comfort is not compromised at all.

The OME springs gave me more lift than I was expecting (which is nice) but, I am sure they will settle with time.

I have not experienced any "topping out" since the installation, though I do think I have some bushings that need attention in the rear.

Edited by Hatteras

Well I certainly don't remember the OME springs being shorter than the stock springs that I removed and I bought my truck brand new so they were the originals. I am pretty sure I set them side by side and I recall them being similar in height. I didn't break out a caliper, or even a tape measure for that matter. I am sure the OME HD front springs are longer than the stock ones. I definately remember comparing those, but again I didn't take a measurement. Anyone else compare these springs?