Mounting My 33's

foytiX

After carefull measuring i decided on the AR Jammer's becuase of the 5.5in of backspacing, the way I figured it I would barely have to trim anything (just a little touching up) and they were available in the 6 on 4.5 bolt pattern many of you remember me posting about previously. Well you know my luck and wheels i.e the 17x8 Neptunes I originally purchased. The night the first pic was taken with the one wheel in the front, it was never mounted. Why? Well the lug pattern was right but the wheels weren't clearing the front brakes. Not because they weren't big enough, but because the hup face was almost flush with the rotor WTF. So that night i made a decision to order a set of 1in wheel adapters. They came in 3 days later with no, period no lug nuts of any shape or size and I planned on mounting them that night. Left work and 2 hrs later after visiting 5 differnt shops had what i needed 12 open 12x1.25 and 12 chrome 1/2x20. Well of course with the spacer pushing the wheel out and extra in, my backspacing jumped from 5.5 to 4.5 in. So more of the grinder was needed than my original plan. But I only had to trim a .5in section up just enough to take off the 3rd mounting hole down for the mud flaps. Obviously it started flush and expanded to .5in and the edge even got rounded. Then sanded and painted. I had to remove the inner plastic fenderwell and remove most of the front and back sections leaving the upper and a little of the front and back. I'll get some pics for you this weekend. On the front i had to cust off the mounting tabs for the inner fenderwell. After mounting the adapters for good, i had to gring about 1/32 to 1/16 in off of each factory stud, so the wheels would sit flush. I chose not to use adapters in the rear for now, I kind of like the look, plus the staggered track helps off-road. All in all the night when i mounted them i was at my shop from 7-12:30 at night. I was on the 1st wheel and fender until 10:45 the second was justing following the pattern and then mounting the rears. I will note that the passenger side has a knob sticking out a little further on the plastic fender well to protect the windshield washer fluid, it got cut right below that knob and that has been the only spot to rub after over a week of testing on and off-road, It only happened once and was kind of a fluke. Actually i would call it a bump and not a scrub. Hope this helps anyone thinking of getting different wheels and tires.

Warning, just because American Racing says a wheel will fit, doesn't make it so. As I found out, thus the wheel adapters.