Rattles

Guest masamar

Guest masamar

ok, this is really irratating. ever since spring has arrived and I started driving with the windows down I have notices a rattling. I'm not quite sure where it is comimg from, but after listening closely it seems to be the back as it usually happens when the rear tires hit the bump. I can hear it from the driver side but the loudest rattling I can hear from the passanger side. The noise seems to sound like it comes from the front and then other times it sounds like the rear and then the middle! :furious: I thought it could be the exhaust but that seems secure enough. There doesn't seem to too much that can rattle in the rear of the passanger side and I looked at the suspension and it looks fine. Someone said that it could be the sway bar knocking. I don't know. Any thoughts or anyone had this and fixed it? :shrug:

i had a really bad rattle too for the longest while. took me forever to figure it out!! same symptoms as you. luckily i was able to fix it in under 30 seconds. The bottle jack in the back had worked itself loose and was hitting the holster on the bumps, making a worrysome metal on metal noise (phew)... the noise came back again, but i can't fix it this time... one of my friends broke off the little tab screw thingy that holds the cover on over the jack in the back. so now one end just vibrates or rattles around over bumps and subbage. ohwell.

hope that helps ya.

Edited by derogate

Guest masamar

well maybe rattle wasn't the right word. It sort of sounds like two pipes hitting together. That's why I thought it was the exhaust hitting a crossmember. I do know that my jack is loose so I'll see if that isn't it.

check to make sure all you bolts are tight and nothing has worked loose...a bolt about to fall out makes the same noise..hehe..had that happen to me..but not on my Pathy..I am more anal about checking things out now....just a thought