Is There A Fuel Filter On The Fuel Pump

Guest skm348

Guest skm348

I've changed my fuel filter under the hood. I'm still getting intermittant stalling while driving. Dash lights come on, I pull over, then it starts right up! Is it possible there is a fuel filter on the fuel pump itself that I can change. I'd like to do that before I buy a new fuel pump.

Thanks

There is a mesh type thing on the pump. You could look at it I suppose. Are you sure it's a fuel problem?

Check your carbies air filter and that the carby itself is tight. Clean your coil and check it for cracks also. Carbon build up on the coil can make your car stall or run like a heap of sh1t.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

He has a '93. I doubt it's carburated.

If it is a non carby, I think he'd be wise enough to swap the word carby for throttle body. What was it that you were contributing to his question? I missed it.

I wasn't. So carby means throttle body? Okay... that clears a few things up for me.

He has a '93. I doubt it's carburated.

If it is a non carby, I think he'd be wise enough to swap the word carby for throttle body. What was it that you were contributing to his question? I missed it.

I wasn't. So carby means throttle body? Okay... that clears a few things up for me.

What drugs are you on?

Didn't read my reply.

I still fail to see how you are trying to help this person out. Either say something constructive, per the topic, or shut up. :X

Jumpin' Jesus! You're a little sensitive today, huh? I was trying to be sarcastic. I guess it didn't work. Although I've always liked to argue, it's probably best for everybody else that we call a truce. I'm sorry for correcting a mistake that I saw.

Jumpin' Jesus! You're a little sensitive today, huh? I was trying to be sarcastic. I guess it didn't work. Although I've always liked to argue, it's probably best for everybody else that we call a truce. I'm sorry for correcting a mistake that I saw.

I like your avatar. Be happy now.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hittman

I had the same type of problem with my 95. It would just die with clutch in. I pulled the air inlet to look at throttle plate. It was nasty, so I pulled that and the plenum for good cleaning. While removing, i found a small vacumn line to the fuel regulator at the rear of engine, mine was old and cracked. Replaced with silicon line. Not sure if cleaning or new line fixed problem. But no more stalling.